The Art of Creative Leadership
Lighting, microphones, lenses, framing, perspectives, set design, schools of acting, costumes, make-up: Directors can talk about these things all day long. And sure, these technical aspects are important. But, ultimately, directing is about something else.
Directing is communicating a clear vision of what the final result, the stage production, the film, the interactive medium is supposed to be. What the message is. And it is about assembling and guiding the right team to make this vision come true. It is about patience, valueing each team member’s contributions, about setting goals, challenging yourself and your team to do even better; and it is about taking responsibility thereby creating a safe work environment that inspires every member of the team to rise to her or his full potential.
In short: Directing is about creative leadership.
Corporate Theater & Events
- Robot Choreography for the Introduction of YuMI – ABB Hannover FairHelmutBarz2017-05-31T20:01:02+02:00
Film & Video
- Retail-Banking of the Future – IBM & Deutsche BankHelmutBarz2017-05-31T18:06:11+02:00
- A Next Generation Data Center for Financial Services – IBMHelmutBarz2017-05-31T18:35:30+02:00
- “No Exit” (Jean-Paul Sartre) – Stadttheater Gießen 1998HelmutBarz2017-05-31T19:26:26+02:00
- “Der Freischütz/The Marksman” (Carl-Maria von Weber) – Darmstadt Summer Festival:HelmutBarz2017-05-31T19:27:23+02:00
- “The Importance of Being Earnest” (Oscar Wilde) – Cape Town, S. A. 1999HelmutBarz2017-05-31T19:28:10+02:00
- “P.A.G.S.” (Manfred Weiß/Andreas Breitscheid) – Staatsoper Stuttgart 1999HelmutBarz2017-05-31T19:29:14+02:00
- “Death and the Maiden” (Ariel Dorfman) – Schlosstheater Celle 2000HelmutBarz2017-05-31T19:29:54+02:00
- “Taking Sides” (Ron Harwood) – Schlosstheater Celle 2001HelmutBarz2017-05-31T17:43:07+02:00
- “Nightwatch” (Lars Noren) – Frankfurt am Main 2005HelmutBarz2017-05-31T19:30:51+02:00