A Short Bio
Being born in Braunschweig, Germany, I grew up in St. Peter-Ording at northern seaboard. After finishing Highschool, I spent two years in Berlin, working for different theaters.
I hold a diploma degree in “Drama Studies” for the prestigious drama department of the “Justus-Liebig-University Giessen” as well as a Master’s Degree in “Directing” from the Frankfurt University for Music and Perfoming Arts.
According to my philopshy of lifelong learning, my professional life has become rather diverse, constantly moving between the worlds of art and of corporate communications.
In 1999, I lived in Cape Town (SA) for six months. In 2014, I temporarily moved to New York City. At moment, I reside in Offenbach, Germany.
What do I have to offer?
With more than two decades of experience in what I refer to as “Creative Communications” in several environments from theater to advertizing agency, I bring a lot to the table: concept, text, strategy as well as directing for stage and corporate film. As a trained and experienced director, I provide leadership skills in heading heterogenous teams with the common goal to make a vision come true and provide the environment for every team member to live up to her or his full potential. With more than 300 projects under my belt, some of which you can experience in the “My Portfolio“ section, I have worked in almost every area of communication: print, digital, film/video, corporate art and events.
What am I looking for?
I am always interested in broadening my client base and make my skills available to all kinds of projects, in art as well as in business, internationally as well as in Germany.
- Customer and market research; strategy; campaign & project planning; idea & concept development; copywriting; supervision of the creative process; production and project management for products as well as product lines and brands
- Broad experience (more than 300 projects) in a wide range of media above and below the line, including print, online, interactive, multimedia, film as well as public relations, events, corporate interactive art and viral media
- Long-term working relationships with several agencies, including CPP Studios Offenbach, Madhat GmbH, Volk Marketingkommunikation
- More than 40 corporate films from customer reference video to viral media
- Responsibilities include concept, script writing, directing, coaching of performers and project management
- Experience with directing live-action as well as animation films and with different technologies including 3D, Freeformat™ and other holographic technologies
- Special interest and experience in interaction between live theater and film and content production for interactive corporate art
- Around 20 drama, musical and opera productions at German and International theaters, including the Staatsoper Stuttgart and theaters in Frankfurt, Darmstadt and Cape Town, SA
- Several corporate theater productions for promoting IT solutions and innovations
- Four novels and a novella published, including the critically acclaimed Katharina Klein Mystery Series
- Four plays and an opera libretto produced in German theaters
- Keen interest and constant education/research on storytelling for different media as well as cross-media
- Several projects for different media and in different in current development
- Translations in high-level corporate communications from English into German (print media, online media, internal communication)
- Experience with translating manuals and tutorials for IT products
- Translations of my own work into English in bilingual projects (usually in cooperation with an e
- Acting and rhetoric coach for private and corporate customers including teaching assigments for acting at the Summer Academy Marburg in 1999 and 2000
- Writing coach for individuals in interpersonal communication
- Teaching assignment for Stage Tech at the Drama Department of the Justus-Liebig-Universität Gießen from 1993 until 1998
- Professional services for interpersonal communication including love letters and directing marriage proposals
- Co-founding, organization and artistic direction for Theatrum Non Gratum, Frankfurt am Main
- Several productions as an actor, assistant director and lighting designer at German theaters in Berlin, Frankfurt and Celle
- Research assistant at the Drama Department of the Justus-Liebig-Universität Gießen from 1992 to 1995
- Jury member, organization and technical direction for the Diskurs festival of student theater at the Justus-Liebig-Universität Gießen from 1990 to 1994
- Postgraduate Studies in Theatre Directing at the Hochschule für Musik und darstellende Kunst, Frankfurt am Main, Diploma 1998
- Courses in directing, acting, vocal training, set & costume design, theater history, psychology, pedagogy, rhethoric, presentation
- Studied with Hans Hollmann, Daniel Karasek, Elke Lang and others
- Applied Theatre Studies at the Drama Department of the Justus-Liebig-Universität, Gießen, Diploma 1995
- Courses in theater history, cultural theory, acting, stage tech, dance, German, English, French and Russian literature, art history, musical theory, law and economics
- Studied with Helga Finter, Gabriele Brandstätter, Patrice Pavis, Robert Wilson, Eugenio Barba, Christian Ofenbauer and others
- Experience in strategy, marketing and create work in as diverse fields as IT, pharmaceutical industry, finance, tourism, construction material, mechanical engineering and personnel services
- Thorough understanding of B2B processes and communication
- High level of experience in recent and future trends in IT: Cloud, Mobile Enterprise, Social Business, Analytics & Big Data – I know what these trends are, what the technology behind it does, how they impact the world of business and how they translate into customer benefits.
- German (native)
- English (advanced, practically native level)
- Office: Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, Open Office, Final Draft, Adobe Acrobat
- Web design: Good knowledge of Adobe Dreamweaver and Adobe Muse, experience in HTML coding and CM systems Joomla and WordPress (use/set-up)
- Multimedia: Good knowledge of Adobe Flash incl. basic knowledge of ActionScript programming
- Picture editing: Good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Fireworks
- Graphics design: Good knowledge of Adobe Indesign, Adobe Illustrator and QuarkXPress
- Sound/Video: basic knowledge in Adobe Premiere and Adobe Audition
- Experience and solid knowledge in stage tech (sound, light)
- Experience and basic knowledge in video and audio recording technology
- Experience and solid training in acting and voice work (live/voice-over)
- I am also known as a good albeit experimental cook as testified by those who survived